Prince Ali, Fabulously Made Him a Costume

Standard

So for my birthday party we decided to be very grown up and dress up as Disney characters. Only for some insane reason we made the costumes ourselves. I figured you guys might want to see the process of an amateur tailor!

Materials:
– Approx 2 metres of white cotton.
– 1 metre of Purple cotton.
– 1/2 metre red (any).
– A tiny bit of Yellow cotton.
– 1x white zip.

SAM_2850

Total average cost: £10

I won’t put the exact measurements down as we made them specifically for certain people, but here’s what we measured for each part:

Waistcoat:
– Shoulder length
– Armpit to shoulder
– chest
– back
– neck

SAM_2777

We created these templates based on the measurements and cut the material around them. The smaller panels needs to be cut out twice to make the front parts of the waistcoat.

Belt
– Waist

Pants
– waist
– ankle
– length of leg

SAM_2776

These were so funny to make, mostly because they look like… well… you know.
So fold the white cotton in half, put this template on it with the straight edge on the fold and cut around the other sides so that when you open it, ta-da! You have the front or the back half of your pants.
When that’s done, hand sew a yellow patch onto the right leg.

And here’s the finished products:

SAM_2781

SAM_2855

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s